AU-L vs SL-L T20 Match Prediction & Betting Tips, Road Safety World Series 2022
Australia Legends and Sri Lanka Legends go head to head in Match 3 of the 2022 Road Safety World Series on Sunday evening in Kanpur. Australia Legends had to withdraw from the 2021 tournament due to travel restrictions but Sri Lanka Legends went all the way to the final before losing to India Legends. Read on as we preview this game. The match begins at the Green Park Stadium, Kanpur at 19:30 local time.
Australia Legends may not have any experience from last year’s tournament to fall back on but they have a very strong squad who have experience playing in these conditions. This will be a very tough opening game for them.
With the exception of India Legends, Sri Lanka Legends were far better than all sides in the 2021 competition. They have every chance of going one step further and lifting the trophy this year.
Australia vs Sri Lanka Legends T20 Match Live Streaming
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Colors Cineplex HD, Colors Cineplex, Colors Cineplex Superhits and Sports18 Khel.
Road Safety World Series 2022 Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Voot.
AU-L vs SL-L Match Toss Prediction
Although they did not do it every time, Sri Lanka Legends won the toss and chose to bat during some of the 2021 campaign. We anticipate that Australia Legends will field first no matter who wins the toss.
AU-L vs SL-L Pitch Report
There will be plenty of turn for the spinners on both sides but pace bowlers with variations such as a leg-cutter and slower balls will also enjoy this surface. A par score will be no higher than 150.
Partly cloudy from the start but very humid throughout the match. Expect the temperature to fall no lower than 29 degrees.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for Australia vs Sri Lanka Legends, Road Safety World Series 2022
Australia Legends Team News & Playing 11
AU-L Team News
After having to forfeit all of their fixtures in last year’s tournament, the Australian Legends will be determined to put on a strong showing this year. There are no injuries in the squad which has plenty of players who have featured in strong T20 franchise tournaments over recent years.
AU-L Key Players
- Shane Watson- the 41 year old all-rounder has not played competitively since late 2020 when he made his final appearances for the Chennai Super Kings in the IPL. He was still a very handy player with bat or ball.
- Ben Dunk- the 35 year old left-handed opener was part of the Lahore Qalandars squad earlier this year in the PSL and played in the Lanka Premier League in December last year.
- Brett Lee- the 45 year old may not have the same pace as at his peak but still bowls quick deliveries. He was among the wickets in the Legends League Cricket in January of this year.
Recommended: Top Cricket betting apps to place your bets on the go
Australia Legends Predicted Playing 11
Shane Watson (c), Ben Dunk, Brad Hodge, Callum Ferguson, Cameron White, Brad Haddin (wk), Dirk Nannes, Stuart Clark, Bryce McGain, Brett Lee, Jason Krejza
Sri Lanka Legends Team News & Playing 11
SL-L Team News
Farveez Maharoof, Russel Arnold and Dhammika Prasad all played in the 2021 Road Safety World Series Final but have not returned for a second season. Chaminda Vaas missed the second half of the opening tournament but will come straight back into the side.
SL-L Key Players
- Tillakaratne Dilshan- the 45 year old batting all-rounder ended last season’s tournament as the Player of the Series after finishing top of the runs and wicket taking list.
- Upul Tharanga- only Tillakaratne Dilshan scored more runs in the 2021 Series than Tharanga. He hit the highest score of the tournament, 99 not out.
- Chaminda Vaas- the left-arm medium pace bowler always relied on his variations during his international career and was in excellent form in the early stages of the first Road Safety campaign.
SL-L Team Form
Sri Lanka Legends were beaten in the final by India last year but reached the last two with an excellent winning streak.
Sri Lanka Legends Predicted Playing 11
Tillakaratne Dilshan (c), Sanath Jayasuriya, Chamara Silva, Upul Tharanga (wk), Chinthaka Jayasinghe, Mahela Udawatte, Kaushalya Weeraratne, Nuwan Kulasekara, Jeevan Mendis, Ishan Jayaratne, Chaminda Vaas
AUSL vs SLL Team Form in Last Five Matches
AUSL : NA
SLL : L W W W W
Australia Legends vs Sri Lanka Legends Head to Head
This is the first time the two sides have met.
Australia Legends vs Sri Lanka Legends Prediction
This has all the makings of an excellent contest between two very strong sides in Kinpur. Sri Lanka Legends will want to get off to a winning start as they look to improve on their runners-up medals in 2021 and the Australia Legends team have a huge amount of talent. We are predicting a very close match but are backing Australia Legends to win.
Australia Legends are favourites to beat Australia Legends at odds of 1.66