HT vs MU T20 Match Prediction & Betting Tips, Maharaja Trophy 2022
Hulbi Tigers and Mangalore United have the honour of playing in the first game of the new T20 competition in Karnataka. The Maharaja Trophy begins on Sunday August 7 with the group stage ending on Monday the 22nd. There will then be Qualifiers and an Eliminator before the final on Friday August 26. Read on as we preview this match. The game gets underway in Mysore at 15:00 local time.
Although they have a team without many big names or recent international players, Hubli Tigers will take the field with a group of hard working and closely knit players. They will be one of the hardest working sides in the tournament.
Mangalore United have star quality in their line-up and there are high expectations from their supporters. Getting their first win of the season as early as possible will be key and they should be confident ahead of this match.
Hubli Tigers vs Mangalore United Match Live Streaming
TV channels: This match will be shown live on the Star Network.
Maharaja Trophy 2022 Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on FanCode.
HT vs MU Match Toss Prediction
With the risk of rain in the hours preceding the game, it is likely there will be some moisture in the pitch at the start. We predict that both captains will want to field first.
HT vs MU Pitch Report
This ground has been used in the Ranji Trophy since 2007 and the wicket is favoured by batters in longer format games. Any humidity or moisture in the pitch should be exploited by the quick and medium pace bowlers.
The game could be delayed by a rain shower around the start time but it should all have cleared up soon after. High temperature of 24 degrees.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for Hubli Tigers vs Mangalore United T20, Maharaja Trophy
Hubli Tigers Team News & Playing 11
HT Team News
Coached by former India under-19 and Karnataka player, Deepak Chougule, the Tigers will be pleased with their recruitment from the draft in late July. They have all bases covered and look set to go into this game with a fully fit squad to choose from.
HT Key Players
- Luvnith Sisodia- the left-handed keeper batter is expected to have a promising career ahead of him and was picked up by Royal Challengers Bangalore ahead of the 2022 IPL. He has a strike-rate of 140 in T20 cricket.
- Naveen MG- the 28 year old was signed as a Category B player in the draft and with that comes a high expectation on the batting all-rounder in this team.
- Abhimanyo Mithun- the right arm medium pacer stands at over six foot and has plenty of top level cricket experience. He played international cricket for India in 2010 and 2011.
HT Team Form
Hulbi Tigers won their final four games in the final Karnataka Premier League in 2019. However, this is a new season and they are starting from scratch again.
Hubli Tigers Predicted Playing 11
Abhimanyo Mithun (c), Luvnith Sisodia (wk), Koushik V, Liyan Khan, Naveen MG, Gowtham Sagar, Roshan Ashwathiah, Rahul Singh Rawat, Sharan Goud, Saurav Sriviastav, Shivkumar BU
Mangalore United Team News & Playing 11
MU Team News
Under the leadership of former Indian international and IPL player, head coach Stuart Binny, we expect Mangalore United to be well drilled and disciplined throughout the tournament. They may well chop and change their batting order when required but they look like a strong side.
MU Key Players
- Abhinav Manohar- the batting all-rounder will captain the side and brings a winning mentality after representing Gujarat Titans eight times on their way to winning the 2022 IPL.
- Amit Verma- the 35 year old all rounder is a very useful leg-spinner but batting is his main strength. He comes into this game with 18 career centuries to his name.
- Vijaykumar Vyshak- the right-arm fast medium bowler is an accurate and economical bowler across all formats. He took five wickets against Uttar Pradesh in his last game.
MU Team Form
Mangalore United did not take part in the last Karnataka Premier League so we have no recent team data to go on. However, plenty of their players come into this match in strong personal form.
Mangalore United Predicted Playing 11
Abhinav Manohar (c), Amit Verma, R.Samarth, M.Venkatesh, Rohit Kumar AC, Vijaykumar Vyshak, Aneeshwar Gautham, Sujay Sathyahari, MacNeil Noronha, HS Sharath, Dheeraj Gowda
HT vs MU Team Form in Last Five Matches
HT : WWWWL
MU : NA
Hubli Tigers vs Mangalore United Head to Head
Historically, Hulbi Tigers have a very strong record over Managalore United in head to head fixtures. However, they have not played against each other since the 2016/17 season.
HT vs MU Head to Head Stats in T20's
|Matches Played||HT Won||MU Won||Tie||NR|
Hubli Tigers vs Mangalore United Prediction
The start of any T20 tournament is always exciting for players and supporters alike but this is even more the case when a cricket association brings a completely new competition to market. We are predicting bowlers to have the upperhand in this game and for Mangalore United to win.
Mangalore United are favorites to beat Hubli Tigers