MW vs SS T20 Match Prediction & Betting Tips, Maharaja Trophy 2022
Match 2 of the 2022 Maharaja Trophy sees Mysore Warriors and Shivamogga Strikers face off at the Srikantadatta Narasimha Raja Wadeyar Ground on Sunday evening. Both teams finished in mid-table with six points in the 2019 Karnataka Premier League. Read on as we preview this match. The game gets underway in Mysore at 19:00 local time.
The Warriors will be delighted with their line-up and the management clearly fancy their chances ahead of the 2022 tournament. With a strong batting unit, they will be very hard to stop.
Shivamogga Strikers are coached by Nikhil Haldipur who will work to ensure the batters make the most of their ability in the competition. This will be one of their tougher matches of the campaign.
Mysore Warriors vs Shivamogga Strikers Match Live Streaming
TV channels: This match will be shown live on the Star Network
Maharaja Trophy 2022 Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on FanCode.
MW vs SS Match Toss Prediction
Neither captain will want his team to be in the field during the highest humidity levels. As a result, we predict that both skippers will want to field first.
MW vs SS Pitch Report
With potential thunderstorms around earlier in the day and humidity in the evening, expect the pitch to have absorbed some moisture before this game. This should be exploited by the quicker bowlers.
Cloudy and very humid as the game progresses in Mysore. The temperature will be in the low twenties with the humidity levels touching 90% by the end of the match.
Read on for team previews, betting tips, latest odds, and match prediction for Mysore Warriors vs Shivamogga Strikers T20, Maharaja Trophy
Mysore Warriors Team News & Playing 11
MW Team News
There are no injury worries or illnesses in the Warriors squad and we expect them to put out their strongest XI in this game. Karun Nair will be captain and with 56 year old PV Shashikath coaching the side, expect no stone to be unturned ahead of this match.
MW Key Players
- Karun Nair- the captain has a top score of 111 in T20 cricket and has gone past fifty in this format on 18 separate occasions.
- Shreyas Gopal- although he only played one game for Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 2022 IPL, Gopal is still a high performing spin bowler. He has taken 92 T20 wickets and will also provide some handy runs with the bat.
- Shubhang Hegde- there are great hopes for the tall 21 year old left-arm spinner. He can hit a long ball at the end of the innings and has been one of the stars of India’s under-19 side in recent times.
MW Team Form
The Warriors did win their last two games in the 2019 edition of the Karnataka Premier League but this is a completely different set of players now taking the field.
Mysore Warriors Predicted Playing 11
Karun Nair (c), Shreyas Gopal, Shubhang Hegde, Pavan Deshpande, Vidhyadhar Patil, Ullal, Prateek Jain, Lochan Appanna, Chiranjeevi, Naga Bharath, Monish Reddy
Shivamogga Strikers Team News & Playing 11
SS Team News
The strikers have recruited a group of players who have two or in some cases three strings to their bow. This may mean they lack a certain level of quality at times, but they will always have options in the field. They have a fully fit squad to select from ahead of this match.
SS Key Players
- K Gowtham- the bowling all-rounder joined up with new IPL franchise Lucknow Super Giants ahead of the 2022 season. Before the 2021 campaign, he became the most expensive uncapped Indian cricketer.
- KC Cariappa- the leg-spinner combines accuracy with a wide variety of variations. He has been with three IPL franchises – Kings XI Punjab, KKR and Rajasthan Royals.
- KV Siddhartha- the 29 year old right-handed batter will also be a useful back-up wicket-keeper for the team in this tournament. He has scored three centuries in his career.
SS Team Form
Shivamogga Strikers ended their last T20 tournament in very poor form with four successive defeats. However, they have assembled a strong looking group of players.
Shivamogga Strikers Predicted Playing 11
K Gowtham (c), KC Cariappa, Sharath BR (wk), Rohan Kadam. KV Siddhartha, Darshan MB, Stalin Hoover, Avinash D, Smaran R, Sharath BR, Ranvir Wadhwa
MW vs SMS Team Form in Last Five Matches
MW : W W L N L
SMS : L L L L W
Mysore Warriors vs Shivamogga Strikers Head to Head
Shivamogga Strikers beat Mysore Warriors by four runs when they met in the 2019 Karnataka Premier League. HS Sharath took the Player of The Match Award with figures of 3-36.
MW vs SS Head to Head Stats in T20's
|Matches Played||MW Won||SS Won||Tie||NR|
Mysore Warriors vs Shivamogga Strikers Prediction
A humid Sunday evening should make for an interesting backdrop for Match 2 of the tournament. Expect there to be plenty of lateral movement for the pace bowlers and the batters to have to work hard for their runs. We are predicting a close match with Mysore Warriors getting the win.
Mysore Warriors are favorites to beat Shivamogga Strikers